
So, we have decided to leave Marley with Mom for the Disney trip we are taking in September. It was hard to decide, but she really won't have any fun there at her age...and she loves Mom...so I feel completely comfortable leaving her. Since I am breastfeeding her, I have decided to wean her. I decided to go cold turkey and see how it goes. First bottle of breast milk was Monday at 7am. She reached out for it and took it with no problem. I was shocked. Given her personality, I thought she would for sure give me problems. She never ceases to amaze me though. Yesterday went really well! She also took her bottle fine this morning! I am off to BabiesRUs to buy some glass bottles today because I am paranoid about all the plastic we are using. Then, next week, I will start to mix in formula (a little at a time) with the breast milk until she is on formula 100%. My boobs are a little sore, but that is just how it is I guess. I am eliminating one pumping session per week so it won't hurt too bad. Wish us luck!
3 comments:
That's a huge step! Good Luck :) You can do it. Get her off you before you end up with wounds and war stories, like me. - Joni
I can't believe how big Marley is. Wish you luck with that venture. Mattson is great, we love having him around. Hopefully we will see you soon. :)
good luck. you can do it. i'm obsessed with plastics, so i totally know where you're coming from. send me an email, and let's get together with the kids while matt's gone. sounds like your days are long and it would be great to see ky and marley.
Post a Comment