Friday, May 23, 2008

They grow too fast!




As I am registering Kyree for kindergarten, I stop and think..."I am not ready for this." Seriously, I cannot believe that my little baby boy (who was never really that little) is ready to ride the bus to school every day. Wow. What a mess I am going to be on his first day of school, poor kid.
Then Matt & I were flipping through some "old" pictures of Marley and we are both stunned at how much she has already changed. She has gone from that super feisty alien baby, to the sweet plump stubborn baby girl that we love so much now! I cannot believe she is almost 5 months old, and that we have already packed away so many clothes she can't fit any more.
Life comes at you fast, that is for sure.
So for Memorial weekend we are laying low. Matt works long days, so sometimes he doesn't even get to see the kids. So we decided to stay home and have fun together. We have started to till the ground for our veggie garden. We hope to finish it up and plant everything on Saturday. We are growing soybeans, squash, carrots, radish, broccoli, & corn. Wish us luck. Ky loves it too. He keeps bugging me to let him help finish the garden. We are teaching him about self reliance, something our church is pushing us hard to do right now. And as we watch all the natural disasters & wars going on in the world, we know we need to get busy. We all need to be ready for the unexpected. Grow a garden. Keep cash on hand. Store enough extra groceries to get you by for at least 3 months. You never know what we could face, so we need to prepare the best we can.
Lastly, we rented a Star Wars game for our XBox 360...and I think I love it more than Ky. You should have seen how mad I got when he accidentally erased the games we had saved! It got ugly. But we are back at it and I hope we can beat the game soon. Life with a boy is funny...my days are all about fighting the bad guys, being superheros, or pretending we are Star Wars...I am always Princess Laya & Ky is always "Dark Vader." Gotta love it. I can't wait until Marley grows up and I get some girlie variety in my life!

No comments: