Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ky & Marley update

Call the suicide watch off, we are doing good! :) Matt will be coming home next week, the thought of that alone sooths my nerves. Ky turned 5 on September 27th, and I have NO pictures to show for it! How lame. Am I turning into Shelby or what? Since we went to Disney for his birthday, we kept it low key on his actual b-day. We left Marley with PaPa and took off to see a movie with LuLu & the other PaPa. Then, before bed, we had cake. It was pretty cool, we stuck Darth Vader & Hans Solo on the top of it. Oh, I did put streamers up in the kitchen for decoration. When Ky walked in and saw it, he said, "This is the party I always wanted." He is funny, and apparently easy to please.


Ky is doing good in school. He LOVES it! I am not sure how I feel about what he is learning on the bus though... He got off the other day and said to me, "Mom, do you know how you get a girl to talk to you?" WHAT? What girl? Little skank. I am NOT ready for him to grow up!


Marley just had her 9 month check up. She cried through the whole thing, big surprise. She is teething, I think. She is still all gums, but I think I can see some teeth trying to make their way through. Plus, she is SO SO fussy...so it must be her teeth? Anyways, she was 17lbs and 27 inches long. That puts her in the 20 percentile for her age. So, she is a petite little thing. Whatev. She has been able to crawl for awhile, but chooses other methods to get around. Rolling is a lot faster, so she usually just rolls to get where she wants to be. She is funny. She is eating table foods & loving it. We just feed her whatever we are having for the meal. She loves to feed herself too, though she only gets about 70% of it in her mouth...the rest goes to the dog Mazo.


Last week we got to visit with our friends who were in town. Here are some pics of the kids playing together. We love baby Zoie, she is so sweet and so beautiful. Her parents have done a great job raising her!


2 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

That little girl is very cute, but not as cute as my Ky and Marley there on the floor together! They are adorable in their little bitty people jeans! I wish it was cold here! Love ya, T

Sisters staying connected... said...

where is ky. I just see three little girls with long hair :) LOL. I bet your excited to get your man back but I will be sad to have him leave. He has kept me warm many a night