Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Kyree!

My baby is 6! So crazy! This has been a wild week for me too. Ky and I watch "the Cake Boss" on TLC together. So, he asked if I could make him a DS cake for his birthday. So, I thought I could talk Dana into helping me...truth is, she did most of the cake ALL BY HERSELF. Thank goodness Ky has a LuLu who loves him & will do anything for him. Here is the final product! It looked so cool. Pretty good for our first cake together. It is all edible. The back is made out of rice krispy treats & the bottom is chocolate cake. We "dirty iced" it, and then added fondant. The screen was made out of a melted sugar mix. I am pretty proud of the final product!



On Saturday, we went to Red Robin (Ky's choice) for dinner. It was so fun, and so crazy. There was LuLu, Papa, Laurel, Nathan, Alex, Sam, JoJo, Rowan, Katie, Matt, Avery, Mattson, Marley, Jake (Ky's best pal from school), Ky & I. Thank goodness that restaurant is super loud.




This is the highlight of Ky's night/month/year/life...receiving a Nintendo DS



Ky loves to show Marley how he plays his games!


















3 comments:

Julie Barb said...

Looks like a great birthday! And I am waaaay impressed by that cake! That's right up there with one of those "cake boss" cakes:)

Sisters staying connected... said...

Great job..im glad he had a great bday...wish we could have been their..love ya jay

Angie Cheney said...

Awesome DS cake. My kids are jealous!