Thursday, December 3, 2009

Utah, here we come!

So, the cat is out of the bag...we are moving to Utah at the end of December. Michigan is home to me, even though I haven't lived here my whole life. There are so many things that I am going to miss. I LOVE having family close to us! I am obsessed with Michigan's fall season. I will miss going to U of M football games. I am so sad to leave my ward here, they truly are AMAZING...book club, cub scouts, the youth, girls camp, RS (the list is endless)!

I am going to miss all of my favorite places to eat: Rexy's Thai Cuisine, Mongolian BBQ, Pi's, Applebees (girls night out), Leo's, Blimpy Burger, Costco hotdogs, Los Tres Amigos...that list is endless too! This is the only home my kids have known. They will be lost without having their PaPa and MiMi to kiss every night. Our new tradition of "Tuesday's at LuLu's" will come to an end. So, so sad. We truly are blessed to have a job offer in Utah though. The possibilities are exciting, and hopefully endless. Thank you all for your support in this decision we have made!

A couple of weeks ago I pressured my friend Laurel into checking out Detroit, and taking some pictures of my family while we were down there. I promised to take her to eat good Mexican food in Mexican-town, so she agreed! She is super talented, and so nice to do this for us! She captured a fun adventure that we shared, and that I will never forget! She is like family to me, and I am going to miss her and her family terribly!








5 comments:

Sisters staying connected... said...

THOSE ARE SOOOO CUTE U HAVE TO ORDER A HUGE ONE!!

Clear the clutter said...

WHAT??? Where in Utah are you moving to? What do you need, how can we help?

NatalieHemingway said...

So sad you guys will be leaving. Congrats on the job offer though. that's so exciting! BTW - maybe it's the scruffy face, but Matt's really starting to look a bit like Grandpa Staub... not in a bad way. Nice!

Sisters staying connected... said...

Dude, you better be missing us too! I don't know how I'm going to tell Mikey his only cousins he has to play with are moving! See you soon. Joni

Q'Ville said...

:((